Adsense

Monday, June 13, 2016

My Hair LOVES This Stuff! Shea Moisture's Curling Gel Souffle


The warm weather is upon us and I've been experimenting with a new hair routine.  I had been previously using the Shea Moisture Peace Rose Oil Gel and Conditioner.  I liked the product but you have to use the Peace Rose regular Conditioner as a leave-in.  Anyhow, my hair has always loved the Shea Moisture Curling Soufflé Gel and I decided to try it for the warmer season since it is heavy on glycerin, by the way, which my hair simply adores.
My hair needs water at least every three days but in the warmer weather with perspiration and being outdoors more, I really prefer to rinse my hair under the shower nightly (daily).  I find that if I’m just rinsing my hair that the Shea Moisture Curling Soufflé Gel holds up very well unlike other products that tend to breakdown or needs to be reapplied after rinsing.  I also like to “oil rinse” my hair too and this product seems to compliment that regimen well.

I know, I know but that stickiness!  It makes most people feel as though they cannot “touch” their hair.  I really could not understand how Shea Moisture was still producing this product with all the initial complaints of the stickiness, the variation of consistencies from jar to jar, store to store, and seasons.  With all this against it, the product is still on the shelf with the other beloved Shea Moisture products.

I might just have a solution for you and the reason it is a stable in many naturals routines.  It works!  Hair of various textures and types love the stuff.  I also found this product to “play” well with other natural or non-natural product lines.

I purchased a jar from Walmart, note to self, don’t do that again.  I usually get mines from Walgreen.  This jar of soufflé was set like Jell-O.  I had to literally punch a hole in it.  I struggled through applying to my hair.  The third day, I took a plastic fork and “whipped” the soufflé until it became pliable and looked like beat up Jell-O!  Curls were banging, shiny, and was not drawn up like when I use a regular gel!  My hair was super soft, defined, and touchable.


Here's a few tips: 

  1. Mix a “small” amount of the soufflé to your favorite styler or leave-in for a more touchable and less sticky feel. 
  2. “TAP” the surface of the soufflé gel and apply directly to hair.
  3. Use “less” of the product!  Too much will cause excessive stickiness.
  4. Layer the product on in sections to gauge how much each section will need.

Finally, most naturals have attributed the “stickiness” to the agave that is in the product but I will tell you that the product “keeps” my hair “moisturized” for days!  Also, with my 3b -4a hair frizz is par for the course but the soufflé gel gives me ultimate frizz-less hair!  Love the stuff!
Don't forget to leave me a comment down below.
Happy Curls to You!

Copyright 2016-13-6 Crowning Glory Coils and Kinks - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment