Adsense

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Terressentials Organic Mud Wash -- In Review

Organic Lavender Garden, Cool Mint, Left Coast Lemon, Sultry Spice, and Fragrance-Free
2650 Old National Pike Middletown, MD 21769

I had been toying, for months, with the idea of purchasing the Terressentials Organic Mud Wash for shampooing my hair instead of regular shampoo.

I've watched Naptural85's video on how to use the product, watch a few more videos by other YouTube natural hair gurus, and read some Terressentials Reviews by other natural hair bloggers.  I had been on the Terresentials website http://www.terressentials.com/haircare.html to purchase the product but hated the idea of paying $8.75 for an 8 fl. ounce bottle!

As God answers even the smallest prayer, I have a wonderful co-worker, who happens to be a 4c Natural -- Shout out to JASMINE D.  We were talking about different hair products and eventually got on the subject of Terressentials Organic Mud Wash!  She had purchased the 16 fl. ounce bottle of Left Coast Lemon and DIDN'T like it!  I was very surprised because I had heard and read so many glowing reports about the product.

The Friday of that week, she sent me an e-mail asking me to come over to her cubicle.  I went to see what she wanted and she pulled out of her large bag of commodities a bottle of the Terressentials Organic Left Coast Lemon Mud Wash.  There was enough left for about two washes.  I let out a small squeal!  Saturday morning I jumped in the shower and applied the product.

How I Applied the Product

The first attempt to use this product, I did NOT section my hair, as did Naptural85.  I have 3c/4a type tresses that easily stretch out under the water flow of the shower.

I thoroughly soaked my hair with water and began to apply the Terressentials Organic Mud to my tresses.  I concentrated on rubbing the mud into my scalp and down the strands of my tresses.  I used approximately a tablespoon of Mud for this application.

I took about five minutes to thoroughly work the mud throughout my hair and scalp.  I noticed that I could "feel" the mud on my strands and my hair became "extremely" curly but the weight of the mud kept my hair elongated and pleasantly soft.

I thoroughly rinsed my hair under "warm" water and could not believe how soft, elongated, curly, and shiny my hair was!  So much so, I DID NOT need to apply a leave-in conditioner.

Now, this is where Jasmine D. and I differ!  She said that she felt that she "needed to apply a conditioner after the wash."  I clearly did not and could move on to applying a Styler of my choice.

Terressentials suggests that you should initially follow their Detox when you initially start using this product.  More information can be found on their FAQ page:  http://www.terressentials.com/hairhelp.html

I have included, for your convenience the ingredients in each Terressentials Organic Mud Wash formulation:

Pure Earth Hair Wash — Organic Lavender Garden

Organic aloe vera juice°, clay minerals, organic extract° of organic linden flower°, essential oils of organic true lavender° and organic sweet orange°, extracts of organic nettle°, organic chamomile° and organic shavegrass°, essential oils of organic rose geranium°, organic ylang ylang° and organic clove bud°.

°Certified Organic

Pure Earth Hair Wash — Organic Cool Mint

Organic aloe vera juice°, clay minerals, organic extract° of organic linden flower°, essential oils of organic peppermint° and organic spearmint°, extracts of organic nettle°, organic chamomile° and organic shavegrass.

°Certified Organic

Pure Earth Hair Wash — Organic Left Coast Lemon

Organic aloe vera juice°, clay minerals, organic extract° of organic linden flower°, essential oils of organic lemon°, organic sweet orange° and organic lime°, extracts of organic nettle°, organic chamomile° and organic shavegrass°, essential oils of organic bergamot°, wildcrafted bay and organic petitgrain°.

°Certified Organic

Pure Earth Hair Wash — Organic Sultry Spice

Ingredients: Organic aloe vera juice°, clay minerals, organic extracts° of organic linden flower°, organic nettle°, organic chamomile°, organic shavegrass° and organic vanilla°, essential oils of organic sweet orange°, organic patchouli°, organic true lavender°, organic petitgrain°, organic atlas cedar°, organic cinnamon leaf° and organic pine needle°.

°Certified Organic

Pure Earth Hair Wash — Organic Fragrance-Free

Organic aloe vera juice°, clay minerals, organic extracts° of organic linden flower°, organic nettle°, organic chamomile° and organic shavegrass°.

°Certified Organic

PROS:

  • Leaves Hair Moisturized and Shiny
  • Replaces (for some) the Need of Applying a Leave-in
  • Smells Great and Fragrance Doesn't Linger for Hours
  • Product is Organic 
  • Shipping Was Quick
  • Mud Washes Comes in 8 Fl. Ounces for $10.75 and 16 Fl. Ounces for $20.50
CONS:
  • Product Does Have a Learning Curve (for application)
  • Application Can be Messy!
  • Shipping Cost is High
  • Terressentials Suggests that No Products with Silicones, Parabens, or Polymers be Used After Washing with Terressentials Organic Mud Wash*
  • Terresentials Suggests a "Detox" Procedure for First-Time Users
  • Product is Not Easily Purchased Elsewhere
  • Amazon.com has Product for $29.99!
*Do not use any other shampoos, conditioners or styling products as they are not compatible with the mud cleanser and will add plastics back to your hair, taking you right back where you started.

Picture By:  Haircapades.com

"This shampoo is detergent-free, yet effective enough to fit the bill. It has the unique ability to naturally extract impurities like dirt and oil. A few washes are necessary to fully feel the effect of this hair treatment. Plus you may need a little faith that rubbing mud on your scalp will have a good effect. It's worth it, though; after using this shampoo, my hair felt softer than it has since grade school."-- Simplicity City Magazine

Each of the different Mud Washes are used for different types of hair.  Left Coast Lemon and Lavender Garden or recommended for Kinkier and Wavy to Curly hair types.

Hair with Terressentials Organic Mud Wash Applied




FINAL THOUGHTS:

There are loads of reviews, blogs, YouTube information on Terressentials Organic Mud Washes.  I love the product and have decided that even though I will continue to co-wash, this will be my Holy Grail Shampoo product hands down -- there is NO competition whatsoever.

I would suggest getting the larger bottle 16 fl. ounces for a better shipping rate of $9.75 or go in with a friend and split the shipping costs.

You can also stretch the product by adding water and a "separate" bottle with the mud.  DO NOT ADD WATER TO THE ORIGINAL BOTTLE -- per Terressentials!

Picture By:  Haircapades.com -- Mix Mud in Water in a Separate Container

Naptural85 has a FAQ page for Terressentials Mud Wash on her Blog Page:  


http://www.naptural85.com/blog-content/2011/11/14/all-about-terressentials-you-asked-i-answered.html

I hope that your experience with Terressentials is a good one.  Remember that they also for sample sizes available.  I look forward to wash days.  My hair loves this stuff!

Please leave your comments, thoughts, and pictures below.  Also, take the time to subscribe!  If you have any further questions, please e-mail me at ladysummerset@gmail.com or leave your question below.  Thanks for taking the time to read my review!

As always,

Happy Curls to You!

©Copyright 2013-03 Crowning Glory Coils and Kinks - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment