Adsense

Monday, April 30, 2012

Let's Jam Custard Flexible Hold Cream Gel 10oz


For all of you product junkies, this one is hot off the press!  So new that most local Beauty Supply Stores don't even have this item on their shelves.  In fact, I went to my local BSS and they didn't have it and I traced off to Walgreens to locate it.  They had only one lone jar on the shelf and that was because the lip had been cracked.  Not wanting to venture to my area Walmart, I took the damaged jar to the Manager and she gave me a 15% discount off the $5.49 price for the 10 ounce jar!


How I applied the product:


I co-washed my hair with my Adama Jasmine and Peach Conditioner.  I then applied Tresemme Naturals Conditioner and finished detangling.  I did rinse most of the Tresemme out and left my hair very wet in order to apply the Let's Jam Custard.


I rubbed a small amount in the palms of my hands and than found it most effective to apply to my tresses in sections.  After applying the Let's Jam Custard to each section, I also used my wide-tooth shower comb to further distribute the product and to make sure my hair was detangled.  I took time to "smooth" the product through in large sections and allowed the hair to dry.  


I started my application about 9:30 p.m. and hair was dry enough to put on my satin cap and sleep on it!  I woke up the next morning and I took about a quarter-size of the product and rubbed in my palms and applied to my hair in a general sweeping motion and then styled and fluff and I had simply AMAZING hair!


The hold was flexible, hair was shiny, and curls were smooth.  Now, I have 2b hair in the very front section, 3c and 4 throughout the rest of my hair.  My coils were coily and wavy hair waved up softly.  Hair feels really moisturized!


Okay, let's look at the:


Cons


There are several Youtubers who have already reviewed the item and they all have given this product two thumbs up!  The major complaint was the smell of the product and the need to know how much of the product to apply before tresses are weighed down.


Product can be hard to find, since it is so new.


I used more of this product in application then I was comfortable with but you will be able to get a good several applications from the 10 ounce jar.


Price:  Can be found at different stores from $3.94 to $5.49.


Product is not "all natural" but has no mineral oil, alchohol, silicones or petroleum.  However, for those of you who do not like glycerin this is more than likely not a candidate for you.  It does have Geraniol which is linked to insect repellant, it is low on the list but should be considered when purchasing the product.


Pros


On the pro side, most received more elongation of their curls and were able to easily refresh their style in the morning while in the shower/steam or with a lite spritz of water.


As with most new products, there is a learning curve.  Knowing the balance of how much to apply on your hair before you cause your curls to become laden with the product.    This I found not easy to do with the product because my best results was applying the product on extremely wet hair on the first day.  It seems as though a little dab will do you on days 3 - 5 on wash n' go hair.  Product rinsing easily with warm water.


Hair feels moisturized for several days and plays well with EcoStyler gels and Shea Butter.  Item has been compared by some Youtubers to the very expensive Curling Cream by Miss Jessie's and even some Kinky Curly Curling Custard consumers are willing to venture across the line to Let's Jam Custard because of the price difference.


Product dries extremely fast even on sopping wet hair!


Prdouct Description:


The great hold of Let's Jam gels and the conditioning of a cream hairdressing for3X more conditioned hair and all day flexible hold. Ideal for smoothing and controlling ponytails and fly-aways without weighing the hair down. Smooth it, shine it, control it. It's so supple you can style and easily restyle.


Ingredients:


Aqua / Water, Glycerin, Glycine Soja Oil / Soybean Oil, Polysorbate 80,Triethanolamine, Oleth-2, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2,Parfum / Fragrance, Vp/Dimethylaminoethylmethacrylate Copolymer, Polyquaternium-39, Limonene, Sodium Benzoate, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Amyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Ci 17200 / Red 33


Understanding what your putting in your body and on your tresses is important and I admonish each consumer to read labels throughly and carefully.


Will I repurchase?  Definitely!   I'm sure Softsheen Carson has a reason for adding it into the hair product.  Perhaps bugs are attracted to the custard!  Whatever the case, I'm uncomfortable with its inclusion but because it is so low on the list, it may be tolerable!


The product does really deliver, bouncy, flexible, shiny, moisturized and elongated curls!  I'm the type of person who hates to have any gel on my hair overnight.  My only alternative was to go to bed with wet hair and apply gel in the morning which was a horror in the winter months since I commute!  Let's Jam Custard affords me the luxury of lightly misting my hair at night and shaking and going in the morning!


I think SoftSheen Carson has a hit on their hands!


Let me know what you think about it!


Happy Curls to You!


© 2012 Lady Summerset for Crowning Glory Coils and Kinks.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Bella for stopping by and sharing your love for Le'ts Jam!

    ReplyDelete