Adsense

Friday, December 6, 2013

Thinning Ends!

Picture taken from:  The Natural Haven

GET 10% OFF ANY product purchase at Curl Kit Shop!  Hit the link below!
http://curlkitshop.refr.cc/TR98DS7

I faithfully moisturize my hair on a daily basis.  However, lately I noticed that the ends of my hair seemed to be a little see through.  So, I decided that I needed to alter or rearrange my hair regimen.

I have been a faithful "wash n' go" wearer and recently noticed that I had retained length but the ends of my hair seemed to be thinning.

I found a great article by Natural Haven that helps us to understand why this happens:

Food for Thought:

Picture By:  JustGrowAlready

Trimming could allow your hair to attain a longer length. It sounds strange but what my fellow lab rats discovered is that hair will grow until it reaches a critical length when it appears to grow slowly or not at all (Journal of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists, pg 155-75, 1978.).

To understand why this happens, I will start by explaining why hair starts to taper (meaning the strand becomes thinner as it gets farther away from the scalp). Simply put, the cuticle wears away. Remember that the cuticle is not just one layer, it has several layers to it.

As the hair grows from scalp to tip, the damage to the cuticle increases because the hair at the tip is older and has been subjected to more torture (combing, wetting, drying, roller setting, heat setting, etc).


Cutting the tip of the hair off may be an excellent way to possibly trigger a new longer length.

So, I have decided that for the next 30 days I will continue my usual wash, co-wash, moisturizing, and styler regimen but I will now choose to style my tresses in a "protective style."  Mainly, twists worn in an updo or pinned up style!  I took the time to clip "all" frazzled, ratty, or severely uneven ends throughout my hair.

In our next blog we will examine the causes of not only thinning ends but thinning hair!  


As always, please subscribe, comment, and send pictures!

Happy curls to you!

©Copyright 2013-12-06 Crowning Glory Coils and Kinks - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment