Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
Miss Jessie's advertises the following:
- Created for naturally curly, kinky, and wavy hair
- Eliminates Frizz
- No More Curl Shrinkage
- Maximizes Curl Length and Makes Your Curly Styles Last Longer
- Adds Superior Shine and Healthy Luster, Never Dull
Let me preface this review with the following: this product will not make the Curly Girl Method Holy Grail list! It's second product is the demon of hair product ingredients "mineral oil."
For me, this is NOT a problem! In fact, my 3b/c curls loves, loves, and let me say it again LOVES mineral oils and silicones! There, I said it!
I do understand the drying effect that these products can cause when used long-term. However, I'm a wash n' goer as my primary go to style and am co-washing tresses every three days and washing with a stronger shampoo every 10 - 12 days to ward off product buildups.
My tresses HATES long-term usage of only natural oils which, for me, caused an on-slaught of Single Strand Knots due to the coiliness of my hair that tends to wrap and tangle.
Water, parafinium liquidum (aka mineral oil), glycerin, triethanolamine, fragrance, carbomer, PEG-12 dimethicone, dipropylene glycol, silk amino acids, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, avocado oil, shea butter, sweet almond oil, jojoba seed oil, macademia seed oil, oleth-05, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, disodium EDTA, DMDM hydantoin, ext. violet 2
How I Used the Product:
I co-washed with Tresemme Moisture Enhancing Conditioner, rinse some out, and applied the Miss Jessie's Curling Pudding on "extremely" wet hair. I created 14-sections and twisted my hair, tied-down my hair and went to sleep. Needless to say, my 3b/3c hair was still damp (I don't apply heat to my hair). so I re-tied with a scarf, commuted to work, and took down the twists.
- Goes on Smoothly
- A Little Product Goes A Long Way
- Product Works Great on Hair Types 2 to 3c's
- Light Smell/Fragrance (smells flowery)
- Love the Lavender Color
- Shine is Long Lasting
- Product is Easy to Find in Stores and On-Line
- Consider an High-End Hair Product
- Product Line Works Well Together
- Product Comes In an "Unscented" Version Also
- Product Does Provide a Strong Hold
- Will Make Curly Hair Curlier
- Keeps Hair Moisturized
- Frizz Kept to a Minimum
- Can Last Up to Three Months With Proper Usage
- Tutorials Are Provided On Use of Miss Jessie's Products
- You Can Now Purchase in a 2-ounce jar for $11.99 on Amazon.com
- Price not Reasonable for Average Consumer
- Can Cause Severe Crunch and Flakes When Too Much Is Used
- May Not Play Well With All Conditioners and/or Moisturizers
- Not A Holy Grail Item for "Natural-Products" Naturalistas
- Most 4b to 4c's Don't Have Great Results (However this is a CURL-Enhancing Product!)
- Using Too Much Will Weigh Hair Down and Make It Tacky/Sticky
- You Can Find A Cheaper Product -- "Let's Jam" That Can Give You Similar Results
My Final Thoughts:
Please subscribe and leave a comment or just let me know that you stopped by! Always happy to have you!
Happy Curls to You!