Adsense

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Eden's Body Works Coconut Defining Creme






16 fl ounces, price $8.99/Walmart

GET 10% OFF ANY product purchase at Curl Kit Shop!  Hit the link below!
http://curlkitshop.refr.cc/TR98DS7

Today, I have the pleasure of reviewing Eden's Body Works, All Natural Curl Defining Crème.  It wasn't the line's initial product I tried but the third. 

I was checking out at Walmart with my husband when a natural walked up and placed three or four items from the Eden product line.  I asked her how she liked it and she gave it glowing raves.  I picked up the Eden's Peppermint Oil from Walmart and paired it with the Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-In Conditioner.  I had great results and then decided that on my next trip to Walmart that I would procure at least the Leave-In (moisturizer).  However, I saw the Curl Defining Crème and added that to my arsenal of products!



Ingredients:

Eden BodyWorks: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Butryospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, PEG-50 Shea Butter

Ingredient Analysis:
  • Aloe Vera Juice: Acts as a natural conditioning agent that restores the hair's sheen, luster, and shine. It not only makes the hair soft, but it also enhances strength and suppleness.
  • Cetyl & Stearyl Alcohol: Fatty alcohols and emollient conditioners known for giving products a creamy, thick texture and feel.
  • Shea Butter: Emollient fat from the nut of the East or West African shea nut tree, used to moisturize and soften hair.
  • PEG-50 Shea Butter: Emulsifying form of shea butter that is water soluble, and commonly used in water-based products.
Pic from Curly Beauty Blogger
My Experience:

I cowashed with Tresemme Naturals and rinse and applied the Eden Leave-In (moisturizer), followed it up with the Eden Peppermint Oil, and then applied the Eden All Natural Curl Defining Crème.

When applying, I separated and sectioned my hair into four sections, and then I applied the Defining Crème using the Tightly Curly method and allowed the hair to dry.

The curl formation and definition was "off the chain!"  I was so excited and pleased with this new line of products.



After going out for the evening, I took the Leave-In and squeezed about a 50-cent size of product and  split my hair and applied the product to the sections and then pulled hair back and smooth onto the hairline in front and back.  I then pulled hair into a pineapple and covered with a clear shower cap.

Next Morning:  (Second Day Hair)

Hair was damp, so I shook out and I applied "cool" water to sections that I wanted to manipulate and allowed hair to finish drying.  "I'm in Love!" 

As The Day Wears On:

I am amazed how moisturized and soft my hair is.  It's bouncy, shiny, and soft to the touch! 

Would You Purchase Again?
Picture NaturalHairAMix

This line is definitely a keeper and I will be not only be repurchasing the Curl Defining Crème but I will also be purchasing the cowash product also.

Pros:

  • On the Ground Availability (Walmart, Walgreens, and Targets)
  • Pricing is Great $7.99 to $9.99
  • Line Has 3 Coordinating Scents
          Jojoba Monoi (Brown Caps); Coconut Shea (Black Caps); & Peppermint Tea Tree (Green
          Caps)

Cons:
  • When I initially went to pick up the Eden's Leave-In, there were only 2 bottles on the shelf.  I attempted to squeeze the bottle to see how product flowed and it was "caked" on the top and wouldn't flow.  I chose the second bottle and it "flowed" well.  I would advise you to check the bottle before leaving the store.
 
I hope you enjoyed the review.  Let me know what your experience with Eden's Natural Hair Line has been!

Until next time, as always!

Happy Curls to You!

©Copyright 2014-08-13 Crowning Glory Coils and Kinks - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment