Curl Keeper Product Review
Frizz Take Over!
GET 10% OFF ANY product purchase at Curl Kit Shop! Hit the link below!
Hydroxyethylcellulose, Laureth 23, Glycerin, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance,
What Causes the Frizzies?
When natural hair becomes dry and lacks moisture your tresses will become poofier and poofier as the day wears down and your hair ends up looking like one big poof ball!
This product, Curl Keeper, was developed by Jonathan Torch. This is only one product in the Curl Keeper line.
Curl Keeper Product
Curl Keeper is water-based which allows you to use without worrying about product build-up that can cause your curls/hair to become droopy, lame, and dull. With this product, you can use extra or more product on problem areas to keep them under control.
You can also spray or spritz your hair throughout the day if you notice that some parts of your hair has given way to the frizzies!
Humidity is the Number 1 enemy of curls! Curl Keeper touts that it works in ALL weather conditions, including high-humidity weather! A must performance to become a Holy Grail product for natural curlies.
How to Use Curl Keeper
Comb Curl Keeper™ through wet hair from roots to ends for an even application… FOR VERY FRIZZY HAIR, USE ADDITIONAL PRODUCT. The less movement that occurs during the first 15 minutes, the more control you will have over the frizz. Once your hair dries, you can easily
soften your look by simply moving your hair around. The more you play with your hair the more volume you will achieve. Some people start appreciating their volume and curls once they have total control over the frizz. The Curl Keeper™ formula re-activates with water, so simply re-wetting frizzy areas with wet hands could get you many fantastic frizz-free days between shampoos.
Curl Keeper Texture
My Experience with Curl Keeper
I would like to say that I apply the Curl Keeper and keep it moving. I have noticed that by mid-day more than likely I will have to "mist" my hair. This is not a big issue for me due to the fact that I keep a spritz bottle filled with water at my desk.
I can easily spritz my hair, while virtually sitting at my desk, and this re-activates the Curl Keeper product.
I will also like to note, the "wetter" the hair, the better! Curl Keeper simply goes to work quickly to define your curls.
Pros and Cons
- I like that it is water-based
- Easy to Apply
- Dries Quickly
- The Shine is Off the Chain
- Product is Not Tacky or Made My Hair Hard
- Has a "Soft" Hold
- You and Get 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Day Hair
- Users Become LONG-TERM users and are Happy With the Product
- Excellent on FINE tresses like mine! (Fine 3c/4a, low-porosity strands)
- Some Beauty Supply Stores Will Have Samples
- Defining Power Is Number 1
- Can Be Used With a Diffuser or Hair Can Be Air Dried for Great Results
- I had to On-Line Order
- I felt product could be cheaper
- You Really Need to Apply Product From Root to Tip
- May Need to Re-Activate Product After Initial Application
- Keeping Hands Out of Hair While Product is Drying!
Curly, Defined Hair
Have You Tried Curl Keeper?
Have You Tried this Product Before Now?See results without voting
Benefits of Curl Keeper
- Controls all frizz, reactivates with water allowing for several days of great styling
- 100% effective in humid weather conditions, especially humidity
- Water-based and contains no silicones
- No product build up and rinses out clean
Where Can I Purchase Curl Keeper?
List Price: $17.50
My Final Review
I found it difficult because Curl Keeper is SO light, I felt like I didn't have enough, or did I get every area covered, and the product felt "clean" on my 3c/4a hair!
Major pluses for using this product is that you can easily get several days of use out of one day's application. After tying up your hair at night, you can get up in the morning shake your hair, spritz with water, and continue with your daily preparations and your out the door!