Hello all my naturally curly 3c to 4a-c ladies. The Doux Company has placed on your local Beauty Supply Stores shelves a new Custard-styling agent. According to their site it says: "The queen bee of curl custards just landed. BEE GIRL Honey Curl Custard brings that thick, honey-charged formula your tight curls have been buzzing about. This custard creates "woke up like this" curls that last all day – no crunch, no flakes, just pure honey-glazed perfection." So, you know me! While perusing the shelves of my local Beauty Supply Store, I came across the decided to purchased this item! After all, my 3c hair likes similar styling agents that has a flax seed slack texture.
Following are claims made on their site:
BEE GIRL Honey Curl Custard is serving royal jelly realness for your curls. This super-charged honey custard goes harder than regular gels and creams, with a thick, creamy texture that coats every coil with definition. Built specifically for tighter curl patterns that need extra love, this custard hydrates while it holds.
The honey isn't just there for sweetness – it's super-charged to deliver sleek, glossy curls that catch the light like golden hour all day long. While other products leave you crunchy or flaky by noon, BEE GIRL keeps it smooth with a soft, touchable finish. The formula penetrates deep to protect your strands while defining from root to tip.
Perfect for wash-and-gos that need to last, twist-outs that demand definition, or any style where you want that "I woke up perfect" energy. No helmet head, no residue, no second-day sadness. Just juicy, defined curls that make people ask for your routine. Your tightest coils about to get the VIP treatment they deserve. Even 4C hair bows down to the queen bee.
I washed my hair, as I usually do and decided that I would still use my Paul Mitchell Hair conditioner. While hair was still wet, I sectioned my hair into four sections and then I further section each quarter into even smaller section in order to make sure I had complete,, coverage.
The texture of the product was thicker that of the usual flax seed gel. The smell was pleasing and reminded me of honey. It glided on my tresses smoothly and easily. I used my Denman brush and the curls in my tresses seemed to magically appear. I was careful to not to put too much on my smaller sections to avoid the chance of flaking after my hair dried. That was not easy to do because it was easy to glide on hair.
.jpg)
It is priced reasonably. You get 16 ounces for around $15.99. Packaging is clean and graphics are easy to recognize.
I did look at other reviews of this product and there were very mixed reviews as follows: "The Doux requires a bit of trial and error, and it took me multiple tries to get a result I was fully satisfied with." "It's best to start with a little and add a little more if needed." And , finally, "the bee girl has a huge learning curve and a very strong cast."
My intentions when I approached this product, was to make sure my hair was soaking wet! I believed this helped me to get a decent Wash N' Go.
My final opinion, even though my results were acceptable, would this be a product that I would intentional go to the Beauty Supply Store to purchase? No, but I like it enough to finish the 16 oz jar that I purchase. My second reason is because I LOVE Shea Moistures's Curling Souffle.
Please leave your comments below! Thank you!
Until next time!
Naturally yours!
Copyright 2026-07-20 -- Crowning Glory Coils and Kinks -- All Rights Reserved
Comments
Post a Comment