By Lady Carolyn M. Summerset Crowning Glory — Coils & Kinks Originally published August 21, 2013 | Refreshed October 2026 When Hair Becomes a Church Controversy Hello, my beautiful Curl Friends! 💕 Today, we're revisiting a story from the Crowning Glory archives that certainly stirred up conversation in 2013. At the time, reports circulated that Pastor A. J. Aamir of Resurrecting Faith in Waco, Texas, had expressed strong opposition to women wearing hair weaves in his church. His reported remarks raised questions about beauty, financial responsibility, church leadership, and how much authority a pastor should exercise over a woman's personal appearance. When I first encountered this story, I had plenty to say! And more than a decade later, I believe the conversation still deserves our attention. A Pastor's Concerns About Hair Weaves According to the reports circulating in August 2013, Pastor Aamir was particularly concerned about women spending substantial amounts of ...
Comments
Post a Comment