Aussie Hair Insurance Heat Protecting Shine Spray: A Budget-Friendly Find for Natural Hair
By Lady Carolyn M. Summerset
Crowning Glory — Coils & Kinks
When my granddaughter was scheduled to have her hair braided, I found myself searching for a heat protectant that would work well on her natural hair.
Since I have not used heat on either of our hair in over a decade, I was a little cautious and honestly unsure of what to expect. I wanted something affordable, easy to use, and gentle enough to help prepare her hair for braiding without leaving it heavy or greasy.
During a trip to Walmart, the first product that caught my eye in the heat protectant section was Aussie Hair Insurance Heat Protecting Shine Spray. I had never used anything from the Aussie line before, so this was a completely new experience for me.
What first grabbed my attention was the bright purple bottle. It stood out immediately, and the price made it even more appealing. At the time, it was only $4.97, so I decided to give it a try.
First Impressions
Because I have not used heat styling products in such a long time, I really did not know what to expect from this spray. I was especially interested in how it would perform on my granddaughter’s 4A/4B natural hair.
One of the first things I noticed was the fragrance. It had a light floral scent that was pleasant without being overpowering. The spray itself was easy to apply and did not feel overly oily, which I appreciated.
How I Used It
To prepare her hair, I divided it into approximately eight sections. As I blow-dried each section, I sprayed the product throughout the hair.
The product distributed easily, and I had no trouble working it through each section. That alone made the styling process feel much smoother.
The Results
I was pleased with the results.
Now, let me be clear — this product did not make her hair bone straight, but that was not the goal. My goal was to make her hair more manageable and easier to work with for braiding.
In that area, it performed well.
After using the spray and blow-drying her hair, her strands were easier to handle and had the right texture for the braiding process. That was a win for me.
My Final Thoughts
For a first-time experience with the Aussie brand, I came away with a positive impression of this product.
What I liked:
- Affordable price
- Light floral scent
- Easy application
- Not too oily
- Helped make natural hair more manageable for braiding
If you are looking for a simple, budget-friendly heat protectant to use while preparing natural hair for styling, Aussie Hair Insurance Heat Protecting Shine Spray may be worth trying.
Would I use it again?
Yes, I would.
Let’s Talk
Have you ever tried Aussie Hair Insurance Heat Protecting Shine Spray?
If so, I would love to hear about your experience. Feel free to leave a comment below and share your thoughts.
Happy Curls To You,
Lady Carolyn M. Summerset
© 2026 Crowning Glory — Coils & Kinks by Lady Carolyn M. Summerset. All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or republished without prior written permission of the author.

Comments
Post a Comment