TRUE by Made Beautiful: A Look Back at This 2017 Product Experience



From the Crowning Glory Archives — March 2017

This review reflects my personal experience with TRUE by Made Beautiful hair products in 2017. Product formulas, prices, packaging, and availability may have changed since this article was originally published.

I’m preserving this review as part of my natural hair journey and the lessons I’ve learned along the way.

Hello Chicas!

I’m back with another product review!

As many of you know, I enjoy trying products that promise to nourish natural hair while helping us maintain softness, moisture, and manageability. On this particular hair journey, I had the opportunity to explore TRUE by Made Beautiful, a line that immediately caught my attention with its clean, attractive packaging and its focus on healthy, beautiful hair.

One of the things I appreciated right away was the overall presentation of the product line. The collection looked fresh, modern, and inviting. But of course, pretty packaging alone is never enough for me. I always want to know one thing:

How does the product perform on natural hair?

When I try a new hair care line, I look for products that help support moisture, softness, curl definition, and manageability without making my hair feel weighed down. As naturals, we know that finding products that truly work with our hair — and not against it — can be a process.

That is why I enjoy sharing these experiences. Every product journey teaches us something about our own hair.

First Impressions

TRUE by Made Beautiful presented itself as a line designed to celebrate healthy, beautiful hair. The product assortment appeared to offer a complete routine, which is always a plus when you want to test how a collection works together rather than judging one item alone.

I was especially drawn to the clean, cheerful aesthetic of the brand. It gave the impression of products created with care, confidence, and beauty in mind.

Why Product Reviews Matter

One of the reasons I continue to value product reviews is because no two heads of hair are exactly the same. What works wonderfully for one naturalista may not work the same way for another.

Hair texture, density, porosity, styling habits, and even the weather can all affect how a product performs. That’s why I believe reviews should be honest, balanced, and rooted in real experience.

For me, product testing is about more than hype. It’s about discovering what helps my hair thrive.

My Overall Thoughts

Looking back, this product experience reminded me how important it is to remain open, observant, and patient when trying new hair care lines.

Sometimes a product becomes an instant favorite. Other times, it simply becomes part of the learning process. Either way, every experience adds to our understanding of what our hair needs.

That’s one of the beautiful things about the natural hair journey — we are always learning, always growing, and always discovering new ways to care for the crowns God has given us.

Final Reflection

As I revisit older posts from the Crowning Glory archives, I’m reminded of how far many of us have come in our hair journeys. The products may change, the trends may evolve, and our routines may shift, but the goal remains the same:

healthy, beautiful, well-cared-for hair.

Have you ever tried TRUE by Made Beautiful products? If so, I’d love to know what your experience was like.

Happy Curls to You!
Lady Carolyn M. Summerset
Crowning Glory — Coils & Kinks

© 2026 Crowning Glory — Coils & Kinks by Lady Carolyn M. Summerset. All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or republished without prior written permission of the author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fine 3C Hair Advantages: Celebrating the Beauty of Fine Natural Curls

Kimmytube's DIY Leave-In Conditioner Recipe: A Natural Hair Moisture Favorite!

Texas Pastor Forbids the Wearing of Weaves in His Church? Faith, Hair, and a Woman's Right to Choose