ApHogee Nutritional Supplement for Healthy Hair: My 30-Day Experience & What I've Learned About Hair Vitamins




By Lady Carolyn M. Summerset
Crowning Glory — Coils & Kinks

From the Crowning Glory Archives | Originally Published January 2, 2015 | Refreshed October 2026

Hello, My Beautiful Naturalistas!

Ladies, today we're reaching back into the Crowning Glory archives to revisit a subject that has generated plenty of conversation over the years.

Hair vitamins and supplements!

Now, if you've been on your natural hair journey for any length of time, you've probably seen advertisements promising longer, thicker, healthier hair.

And let's admit it, ladies. When we're dealing with shedding, breakage, or thinning edges, those promises can sound mighty appealing!

LOL! I've certainly had my share of experimenting with natural hair products.

Back in January 2015, I wrote about my experience taking the ApHogee Nutritional Supplement for Healthy Hair.

At the time, I had completed my first 30 days and was excited to share what I had noticed.

Today, I want to revisit that experience with a little more knowledge, a little more perspective, and some important information about nutritional supplements.

Why I Decided to Try ApHogee

At the time, I had been considering purchasing Hairfinity, another hair supplement that was popular in the natural hair community.

However, I came across ApHogee as a less expensive alternative.

The price was appealing, and I was curious whether adding a supplement to my routine might make a difference.

You see, ladies, I had been experiencing several frustrating issues with my natural hair.

My ends were becoming tangled.

I was noticing more single-strand knots.

My hair felt dry, and I was concerned about breakage and shedding.

And for those of us with fine natural strands, excessive tangling can become particularly frustrating!

I knew something in my routine needed attention.

My First 30 Days: What I Remember Noticing

After beginning my ApHogee supplement routine, I wrote that I noticed several changes.

My hair seemed more manageable and shinier.

I felt that shedding had decreased.

My ends were easier to handle, and my hair appeared to be retaining more length.

I also noticed what appeared to be an improvement in the fullness of the hair around my sides.

At the time, I was very pleased!

But here's something important I want to emphasize today:

Those were my personal observations, not proof that the supplement caused those changes.

Around that same time, I had also dusted my ends and made adjustments to how I cared for my hair.

Removing damaged ends can reduce snagging, and gentler handling can make a difference in how our hair feels and behaves.

Looking back, I cannot separate the effects of those changes from the supplement itself.

And I believe it's important to be transparent about that.

Do Hair Vitamins Really Help Your Hair Grow?

That's the million-dollar question, isn't it?

Hair growth depends on many factors, including genetics, health, nutrition, age, hormonal changes, and the condition of the scalp.

Our bodies need adequate nutrients to support normal hair growth.

However, that does not mean taking extra vitamins automatically causes healthier or faster-growing hair.

If someone has a nutritional deficiency, correcting that deficiency may help improve hair-related symptoms.

But when nutrient levels are already sufficient, adding more vitamins does not necessarily provide additional benefits.

In fact, excessive amounts of certain nutrients can create problems.

More isn't always better, ladies!

Let's Talk About Biotin

Biotin became one of the biggest buzzwords in the natural hair community.

It's a B vitamin that helps the body process nutrients.

A genuine biotin deficiency can be associated with hair thinning, but deficiency is uncommon.

Scientific evidence that extra biotin improves hair growth in otherwise healthy individuals remains limited.

Here's another important consideration:

High-dose biotin supplements can interfere with certain medical laboratory tests, potentially producing inaccurate results.

So, if you take biotin, make sure your healthcare professional knows—especially before blood work.

Why I Would Approach Hair Supplements Differently Today

If I experienced unexplained shedding or thinning today, I wouldn't automatically reach for a new supplement.

I would first look more carefully at what was happening.

Am I experiencing actual shedding from the root, or am I seeing broken strands?

Have my styling habits changed?

Am I using too much tension?

Have there been changes in my health, medications, or nutrition?

And if the shedding continued or became significant, I would consult a qualified healthcare professional or dermatologist.

There are many possible reasons for hair loss, and a supplement may not address the underlying cause.

What About the ApHogee Ingredients?

The original article included a long ingredient list from the product's labeling at that time, including several vitamins, minerals, and botanical ingredients.

But supplements can be reformulated, discontinued, or sold under different versions over time.

That's why I'm not repeating the old formula as though it represents what's available today.

If you're considering any nutritional supplement, carefully review its current label, ingredient quantities, dosage instructions, and warnings.

And before adding a new supplement, speak with your healthcare professional—particularly if you take prescription medication or already use other vitamins.

Healthy Hair Requires More Than a Bottle

Ladies, one of the biggest lessons I've learned is that hair care is about the entire routine.

What we eat matters.

How we handle our hair matters.

Our cleansing and conditioning routines matter.

And so does recognizing when something needs professional attention.

Some of the most useful habits for my natural hair journey have involved gentle detangling, conditioning, protecting my ends, and learning what my fine-textured strands respond to.

I also believe in giving our hair room to be itself.

Not every strand will behave the same way.

Not every curl will have the same definition.

And not every woman will experience the same results from the same product.

My Final Thoughts: What Ten-Plus Years Have Taught Me

Revisiting this 2015 article reminds me how much our understanding of natural hair care continues to evolve.

At the time, I was excited to share something that appeared to be working for me.

And there's nothing wrong with sharing our personal experiences!

But today, I also want my readers to have accurate information so they can make informed decisions.

I cannot say with certainty that ApHogee caused the improvements I observed.

What I can say is that the experience encouraged me to pay closer attention to my hair care routine.

And that lesson has stayed with me.

A healthy natural hair journey isn't about buying every promising product. It's about understanding your own crown and giving it the care it needs.


Having trouble with knots and damaged ends? Read my What Is Dusting Your Ends? article to learn how gentle trimming can support length retention.

Sometimes our daily hair care makes the biggest difference! Visit my 10 Ways to Keep Your Natural Hair Moisturized for practical conditioning and moisture-management tips.

Are your products giving your strands what they need? Explore my What Is Hair Porosity? article to better understand how your hair absorbs and retains moisture.

For the medical information in the article, you can optionally add these two reliable references: NIH — Biotin Fact Sheet and American Academy of Dermatology — Hair Loss Tips.


Let's Talk, Ladies!

Have you ever tried a nutritional supplement for your natural hair?

Did you notice any changes?

Or did you discover that making adjustments to your cleansing, conditioning, or styling routine made the biggest difference?

I'd love to hear about your experience!

Remember, every natural hair journey is different.

Until next time, love your curls, embrace your coils, and celebrate every beautiful kink!

Happy Curls to You!

Lady Carolyn M. Summerset
Crowning Glory — Coils & Kinks


Reader note: This article shares a personal experience from 2015 and provides general educational information. It is not a recommendation to use ApHogee or any other nutritional supplement and is not a substitute for individualized medical advice.

© 2026 Crowning Glory — Coils & Kinks by Lady Carolyn M. Summerset. All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or republished without prior written permission of the author.

Comments

  1. According to ApHogee it is the vitamins & minerals in the product that are important for healthy hair.
    Ingredients: ApHogee Supplement for Healthy Hair are: Vitamin E, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Zinc, Molybdenum, DL-Methionine, Silica, Fo Ti Root Extract, Lycium Berry Extract, Dong Quai Root 5:1 Extract, Soy Lecithin, Organic Sulfur Complex, Protein Hydrolysate. Other Ingredients listed by a very small percentage: Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Croscarmellose Sodium, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Calcium Silicate and Hypromellose, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Titanium Dioxide, and Riboflavin.

    aphogee vitamin supplement for healthy hair

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fine 3C Hair Advantages: Celebrating the Beauty of Fine Natural Curls

Kimmytube's DIY Leave-In Conditioner Recipe: A Natural Hair Moisture Favorite!

Texas Pastor Forbids the Wearing of Weaves in His Church? Faith, Hair, and a Woman's Right to Choose