TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner With Aloe Vera & Avocado



Originally Published: July 22, 2012 | Refreshed October 2026

By Lady Carolyn M. Summerset
Crowning Glory — Coils & Kinks

A Drink of Moisture for My Natural Curls!

Greetings, my beautiful naturalistas!

Ladies, you know how much I enjoy discovering a conditioner that makes my natural hair feel soft, manageable, and beautifully moisturized without costing a small fortune!

And back in 2012, I discovered one that quickly became a favorite in my hair-care collection.

TRESemmé Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner with Aloe Vera and Avocado!

Oh, ladies, this conditioner certainly made an impression on me.

At the time, I was looking for a product that could help me maintain the softness of my fine 3C/4A curls, provide enough slip for detangling, and work well during my regular wash-day routine.

I wasn't looking for fancy packaging or an expensive product.

I wanted something that worked!

And this conditioner pleasantly surprised me.

What Made TRESemmé Naturals Special?

One of the things I appreciated most about this conditioner was its creamy yet relatively lightweight consistency.

It spread easily through my strands without requiring excessive amounts of product.

My curls responded beautifully to the conditioning formula, and I noticed that detangling became much easier.

At the time, the product was also affordable and came in a generously sized bottle.

Ladies, you know how wonderful that can be when you're using conditioner regularly!

In fact, when I originally reviewed it, I had been using the same bottle for approximately two months and still had more than one-third remaining.

Now that's what I call stretching your beauty budget!

Of course, the product's original price and availability were specific to 2012. They should not be interpreted as current purchasing information.

Aloe Vera, Avocado Oil, and Conditioning Ingredients

The original formulation contained several ingredients that caught my attention.

Aloe vera leaf juice is commonly found in moisturizing hair and skincare products.

Avocado oil contains fatty acids and can contribute to a smoother, conditioned hair feel when incorporated into a suitable formulation.

The conditioner also contained fatty alcohols, such as cetyl alcohol and stearyl alcohol, along with conditioning agents.

And ladies, this is where an important ingredient lesson comes in!

Not every ingredient with the word alcohol in its name is drying.

Fatty alcohols such as cetyl and stearyl alcohol are commonly used to improve texture, softness, and manageability in conditioners.

They are quite different from the simplified idea that every alcohol-containing hair product must be avoided.

The way a conditioner performs depends on its complete formulation, not just one featured ingredient.

That's why I always encourage my naturalistas to pay attention to how their own strands respond.

How I Originally Used the Conditioner

Let me take you back to my wash-day routine in July 2012.

While showering, I would thoroughly wet my hair and apply TRESemmé Naturals throughout my strands.

I often divided my hair into sections, making sure the conditioner was distributed from the front to the back.

Then I gently smoothed the product through my curls and allowed it to sit for several minutes.

The slip made my strands easier to manage, and my hair felt wonderfully soft afterward.

At that time, I frequently rinsed with cold water because I believed it helped close the hair cuticle and seal in moisture.

Today, I understand that comfortably lukewarm water is perfectly acceptable. Cold water is not required to seal the hair cuticle.

After rinsing, I sometimes reapplied a small amount of the conditioner and covered my hair overnight.

Although that was part of my original experiment, I would approach that step differently today.

What I Would Change About My Old Routine

Ladies, one of the joys of revisiting our natural hair journeys is recognizing how much we've learned.

In my original article, I described using this rinse-out conditioner as an overnight leave-in and mixing it with oils and shea butter.

Today, I recommend following the product's actual directions.

A conditioner formulated to be rinsed out should generally be rinsed out as instructed.

Leaving a rinse-out formula on the scalp and strands for prolonged periods may cause irritation or buildup, depending on the ingredients and individual sensitivity.

Instead, I would use TRESemmé Naturals for its intended conditioning purpose and follow with a separate leave-in conditioner formulated to remain in the hair.

I'd also avoid sleeping with wet hair covered tightly under a plastic shower cap as a regular practice.

Keeping the scalp damp and covered for extended periods may create discomfort and, for some individuals, contribute to scalp problems.

We can enjoy soft, hydrated curls without turning every conditioning session into an overnight treatment!

My Favorite Benefits

Looking back at my original experience, there were several reasons I enjoyed this product.

Wonderful slip: The conditioner made my hair easier to detangle.

Creamy consistency: It distributed smoothly through my fine curls.

Softness: My hair felt pleasantly conditioned after application.

Light fragrance: I enjoyed its subtle tropical scent.

Good value: At the time, the generously sized bottle lasted through many conditioning sessions.

Easy application: I could work it through my sections without struggling to distribute it evenly.

These were my personal observations of the formulation I purchased in 2012.

Hair products are not one-size-fits-all, and your results may differ depending on your hair's condition, density, strand thickness, and styling routine.

Is This Conditioner Good for 3C and 4A Natural Hair?

My original experience suggests that the formula worked particularly well for my own curls.

However, ladies, here's something I want every naturalista to remember.

Your curl pattern alone doesn't determine which conditioner is best for your hair.

Two women with 3C curls may have completely different experiences with the same product.

Why?

Because strand thickness, density, porosity, previous damage, scalp needs, and styling habits can all influence how hair responds.

For my fine curls, I often prefer conditioners that provide softness and slip without leaving my hair feeling excessively heavy.

Another naturalista may prefer a richer formulation.

The goal is to discover the products and techniques that support your individual crown.

Can You Use Conditioner for Co-Washing?

Co-washing involves cleansing the hair using a conditioning cleanser or an appropriate cleansing conditioner rather than traditional shampoo alone.

During my earlier natural hair journey, I sometimes used ordinary conditioners as part of my co-washing routine.

But a conventional rinse-out conditioner isn't necessarily formulated to remove scalp oils, sweat, and product buildup effectively.

Today, I would choose a product specifically formulated for cleansing when co-washing and use an appropriate shampoo when my scalp or hair needs more thorough cleansing.

Remember, ladies, scalp cleanliness is an important part of a comfortable and healthy hair-care routine.

Soft curls are wonderful, but we shouldn't overlook the scalp beneath them!

My Updated Moisture Routine

If I were using a comparable conditioner today, here's how I would approach wash day.

1. Cleanse gently. Start with an appropriate shampoo or cleansing product, concentrating on the scalp.

2. Apply conditioner in sections. Work the conditioner through wet hair, paying particular attention to tangled or dry areas.

3. Detangle carefully. Use your fingers or a suitable detangling tool while the product provides slip.

4. Rinse as directed. Use comfortably warm or lukewarm water.

5. Apply a proper leave-in conditioner. If my hair needs additional softness and manageability, I choose a leave-in designed to remain on the strands.

6. Style gently. Finish with the cream, mousse, or gel that works best for the hairstyle I'm creating.

Simple, manageable, and effective!

What About My Original Shea Butter and Oil Recipe?

In my 2012 article, I shared a homemade mixture using conditioner, shea butter or oils, and essential oils.

That recipe reflected the experimentation many of us enjoyed during the early natural hair blogging years.

However, I no longer recommend mixing large amounts of rinse-out conditioner with additional ingredients and leaving the mixture in the hair overnight.

Altering a finished product can affect its texture, preservation, and how it behaves on the hair and scalp.

Essential oils may also irritate sensitive skin when used incorrectly.

If your hair enjoys richer products, choose a properly formulated deep conditioner or leave-in treatment that meets your needs.

Ladies, we can absolutely love natural oils and butters while still respecting the purpose of professionally formulated hair-care products.

Would I Purchase TRESemmé Naturals Again?

When I wrote this review in July 2012, my answer was a definite yes!

I loved the way this conditioner made my hair feel.

It offered the softness, slip, and manageable consistency I was looking for at that stage of my natural hair journey.

I also considered it alongside Giovanni Direct Leave-In, another product I enjoyed.

But as I refresh this article in 2026, I want to make one distinction clear.

This is a historical review of the TRESemmé Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner formulation I used in 2012.

The original product may have been discontinued or reformulated, and I have not confirmed its present availability.

If you come across a similar product today, always review the current packaging and ingredient list rather than assuming it's identical to the original version.

A Little Reflection on My Natural Hair Journey

Looking back at these older reviews brings such wonderful memories.

There was a time when discovering a conditioner with good slip felt like finding treasure!

We were learning about curl patterns, moisture, product ingredients, and styling techniques.

We were experimenting, sharing experiences, and encouraging one another to embrace our natural textures.

And through it all, one lesson remains especially valuable.

Expensive doesn't automatically mean better.

A hair-care product doesn't need luxurious packaging or a premium price to work beautifully for your strands.

Sometimes, the best discovery is simply a conditioner that leaves your hair feeling soft, manageable, and cared for.

And ladies, that's something worth celebrating!

Continue Your Natural Hair Journey

If you're exploring ways to keep your natural hair soft and manageable, here are three more Crowning Glory articles to enjoy.

1. 10 Ways to Keep Your Natural Hair Moisturized

Discover practical habits for maintaining softness and minimizing dryness.

2. What Is Hair Porosity? Understanding How Your Hair Absorbs Moisture

Learn how your hair's characteristics can influence product selection and conditioning results.

3. Water, Water, Water! The Secret to Healthy, Hydrated Natural Hair

Explore why water and conditioning play important roles in caring for natural curls and coils.

Let's Talk, Ladies!

Do you remember TRESemmé Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner?

Was it part of your early natural hair journey?

And here's another question:

Have you ever discovered an affordable conditioner that worked better for your curls than a more expensive product?

I'd love to hear about your favorite finds in the comments!

Remember, my beautiful naturalistas:

Your crown deserves consistent care, and sometimes the simplest products bring the loveliest results.

Until next time…

Happy Curls to You, My Friend!

Lady Carolyn M. Summerset
Crowning Glory — Coils & Kinks


© 2026 Crowning Glory — Coils & Kinks by Lady Carolyn M. Summerset. All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or republished without prior written permission of the author.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fine 3C Hair Advantages: Celebrating the Beauty of Fine Natural Curls

Kimmytube's DIY Leave-In Conditioner Recipe: A Natural Hair Moisture Favorite!

Texas Pastor Forbids the Wearing of Weaves in His Church? Faith, Hair, and a Woman's Right to Choose